Direction (1-10) : Pick out the Most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. Indications are the government is __ to the prospect of granting bonus to the striking employees.
2. Shivalal __ classical music. He always prefers Bhimsen Joshi to Asha Bhonsle, and pundit Jasraj to Kumar Sanu.
3. As a general rule, Politician do not __ centre stage.
4. The __ study on import of natural as from Iran thorough a pipeline would be completed shortly.
5. His party is solely to be blamed for the political __ in the country.
6. We still have not given our __ to conduct the survey of natural resources in our state.
7. We cannot go on strike every year. Now that we have gone on strike we must __ this issue.
8. Man is __ ; however, he is more in need of mental companionship than of physical companionship.
9. He is the best man for this Job. He has mental __ to carry it out.
10. I was totally __ by his line of thinking and could not put forth any argument.
1. (c) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (e) 5. (d) 6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (e) 9. (c) 10. (a)
Vocabulary from Options :-
Adore – To like very much
Adroitness – Skill
Advocacy – Giving Support to a cause
Align (with) – To join or agree with someone
Amenability – Adaptability
Canvass – To discuss an idea thoroughly
Clinch – To settle or finalize
Compliance (with) – Obedience to (rule, order)
Concede – To allow or Permit
Consent – Approval to do something
Culminate – To reach the highest Point
Debunk – To show that something is false or undeserving
Degradation – Reduction in quality or status of something
Demolish - To destroy (a structure)
Denounce – To criticize
Devaluation – Reduction in the value of something
Forbid – To order someone not to do something
Forsake – To abandon or give up
Foster – To encourage, To help in development of Something (growth, attitude, interest)
Gregarious – Social, Liking the company of others
Humdrum - Dull, Boring events or acts
Inflammatory – Provoking violent feeling or anger (remark, speech)
Innate – In-born, In one’s nature (tendency, beauty, desire)
Inquisitive – Curious to know something
Invader – One who attacks