1) Chevron 2) Exxon Mobil
3) Walmart 4) Google
Answer:- 3) Walmart
Ques. : 2 A nine-member committee set by which of the following sports bodies has recommended that Dutchman Paul van Ass need not return to resume his charge as the men's team's chief coach?
1) Hockey India
3) All India Tennis Association (AITA)
4) Badminton Association of India (BAI)
5) None of these
Answer:- 1) Hockey India
Ques. : 3 The govt has announced to sell 5% stake in which of the following firms to raise Rs 1700 cr on 27 Jul?
Answer:- 1) PFC
Ques. : 4 Anshu Jain has got a clean chit from the financial watchdog BaFin on charges of allegedly lying about the interbank rate rigging scandal. He is the former co-CEO of
1) Standard Chartered
2) Deutsche Bank
3) City Bank
4) Morgan Stanley
Answer:- 2) Deutsche Bank
Ques. : 5 PM Narendra Modi launched the 'Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana' during his recent Bihar visit. Which of the following is NOT true about the scheme?
1) It will ensure round the clock electricity supply to farmers and rural households.
2) The Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) has been subsumed in the new scheme.
3) The scheme has an outlay of Rs 76,000 cr for implementation of the projects.
4) A total of Rs 14,680 cr worth projects have already been approved under the scheme.
5) None of these
Answer:- 5) None of these
Ques. : 6 The IDFC Bank to start operations from Oct 1. Which of the following is NOT correct about the bank?
1) The IDFC is a credit rating agency.
2) Rajiv Lall will be its vice-chairman and managing director.
3) Anil Baijal will be the chairman of IDFC bank.
4) Vinod Rai (former CAG) will be its non-executive chairman.
5) Vikram Limaye will continue to be its CEO and MD.
Answer:- 1) The IDFC is a credit rating agency.
Ques. : 7 Name the Indian historian who has been awarded with the Fukuoka Asian Culture Prize in the academic category. He is best known for his book, 'India After Gandhi.'
1) Romila Thapar
2) Ramachandra Guha
3) Bipan Chandra
4) Sujata Keshavan
5) Madhav Gadgil
Answer:- 2) Ramachandra Guha
Ques. : 8 Which of the following states approved Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Jan Van Vikas Scheme aimed at comprehensive development of villages in the buffer zones of tiger reserves and around them recently?
1) West Bengal
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer:- 4) Maharashtra
Ques. : 9 10-year-old Shubham Jaglan was in news for winning second successive world junior title in ______at Las Vegas recently.
Answer:- 4) Golf
Ques. : 10 Mosquirix is the world’s first vaccine for which of the following diseases to get a green light from European drugs regulators recently?
5) None of these
Answer:- 1) Malaria
Ques. : 11 Which automaker has surpassed Toyota Motor Corp to become the biggest automaker by deliveries in the first half of 2015?
1) Volkswagen 2) General Motors
3) Ford 4) Hyundai
5) Suzuki Answer:- 1) Volkswagen
Ques. : 12 A long range surface to air missile (LRSAM), Barak-8, will undergo testing in Oct this year. The missile is being developed by India and
1) US 2) Russia
3) Japan 4) Israel
5) France Answer:- 4) Israel
Ques. : 13 P Hariharan passed away recently. He was an eminent
1) astronaut 2) biologist
3) author 4) poet
5) physicist Answer:- 5) physicist
Ques. : 14 Who among the following has been appointed chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai)?
1) Rajeev Kher 2) Bimal Julka
3) PK Sinha 4) Rahul Khullar
5) RS Sharma Answer:- 5) RS Sharma
Ques. : 15 ________ became the first state to have a provision for compulsory voting with the state govt on 27 Jul putting out a notification in this regard. The voting in the local body polls has been made mandatory there.
1) Gujarat 2) Maharashtra
3) West Bengal 4) Tamil Nadu
5) Kerala Answer:- 1) Gujarat
Ques. : 16 Which of the following teams won the CONCACAF Gold Cup football title on 26 Jul?
1) Costa Rica 2) Russia
3) Mexico 4) Jamaica
5) US Answer:- 3) Mexico
Ques. : 17 The Indian govt has sanctioned around Rs 1,000 cr for a 15-km railway project to connect with which of the following countries recently?
1) Pakistan 2) Bangladesh
3) Myanmar 4) Bhutan
5) Nepal Answer:- 2) Bangladesh
Ques. : 18 French auto major Renault on 27 Jul signed who among the following as brand ambassador to promote its range of vehicles in India?
1) Akshay Kumar 2) Varun Dhawan
3) Ranbir Kapoor 4) Arjun Kapoor
5) Hrithik Roshan Answer:- 3) Ranbir Kapoor
Ques. : 19 _________ has bagged the Dun & Bradstreet’s ‘India’s Top PSUs Awards 2015’ in the electrical and electronic equipment sector.
1) BHEL 2) Antrix Corporation
3) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) 4) Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL)
5) None of these Answer:- 4) Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL)
Ques. : 20 The World Hepatitis Day is observed on
1) 11 Jul 2) 18 Jul
3) 28 Jul 4) 29 Jul
5) 30 Jul Answer:- 3) 28 Jul
Ques. : 21 Who is the new chairman of the food regulator FSSAI?
1) Ashish Bahuguna 2) Bimal Kumar Dubey
3) Yudhvir Singh Malik 4) Bhanu Pratap Sharma
5) None of these Answer:- 1) Ashish Bahuguna
Ques. : 22 Who among the following Indians has/have won the Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2015?
1) Sanjiv Chaturvedi 2) Anshu Gupta
3) Vinod Rai 4) All the above
5) Only 1) and 2) Answer:- 5) Only 1) and 2)
Ques. : 23 Who among the following is NOT a winner of the Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2015?
1) Kommaly Chanthavong, Laos 2) Ligaya Fernando-Amilbangsa, the Philippines
3) Kyaw Thu, Myanmar 4) Dilma Rousseff, Brazil
5) None of these Answer:- 4) Dilma Rousseff, Brazil
Ques. : 24 The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 420 cr on which of the following automakers for unfair trade practices as it did not make genuine spare parts freely available in the open market?
1) Maruti Suzuki 2) Hyundai Motors
3) General Motors 4) Ford Motors
5) Renault Answer:- 2) Hyundai Motors
Ques. : 25 India has signed loan agreement worth $300 mn with which of the following agencies to support the govt's flagship program, the National Urban Health Mission (NUHM)?
1) World Bank 2) IMF
3) New Development Bank 4) Asian Development Bank
5) None of these Answer:- 4) Asian Development Bank
Ques. : 26 The General Council of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) on 27 Jul 2015 approved the membership terms of __________ which will join the world trade body as 162nd member.
1) Zimbabwe 2) Zambia
3) Yemen 4) Kazakhstan
5) Vietnam Answer:- 4) Kazakhstan
Ques. : 27 The International Tiger Day, also known as Global Tiger Day, is held annually on
1) 11 Jul 2) 18 Jul
3) 28 Jul 4) 29 Jul
5) 30 Jul Answer:- 4) 29 Jul
Ques. : 28 Clive Rice, who was one of the best all-rounders of his era alongside Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Ian Botham, was the former cricketer of
1) Australia 2) South Africa
3) New Zealand 4) Zimbabwe
5) England Answer:- 2) South Africa
Ques. : 29 The Union Cabinet on 29 Jul approved changes suggested by a Rajya Sabha Select Committee to the GST Constitution Amendment Bill which include compensating the States for _____ years for loss of revenue.
1) five 2) four
3) three 4) two
5) one Answer:- 1) five
Ques. : 30 Name the leading car maker which on 29 Jul announced to invest Rs 6,400 cr ($1 bn) in India and to launch 10 Made-in-India vehicles over 5 years.
1) Toyota 2) Volkswagen
3) General Motors 4) Nissan
5) Mitsubishi Answer:- 3) General Motors
Ques. : 31 As the declared by the UNO in 2010, whose birthday on 15 Oct is observed as the “World Students Day” globally?
1) Atal Bihari Vajpayee 2) Madan Mohan Malaviya
3) Syama Prasad Mukherjee 4) APJ Abdul Kalam
5) Deendayal Upadhyaya Answer:- 4) APJ Abdul Kalam
Ques. : 32 The Sangeet Natak Academy and the Padmashri awardee Vasundhara Komkali died recently. She was an eminent
1) vocalist 2) actor
3) author 4) scientist
5) environmentalist Answer:- 1) vocalist
Ques. : 33 Who is the author of the book titled ‘Sleeping on Jupiter’ which is shortlisted for Man Booker Prize 2015?
1) Rahul Bhattacharya 2) Vikas Swarup
3) Anuradha Roy 4) Tahmima Anam
5) Jahnavi Barua Answer:- 3) Anuradha Roy
Ques. : 34 Which of the following banks has announced to buy domestic online retail broking major Sharekhan for an undisclosed sum of money recently?
1) BNP Paribas 2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank 4) Federal Bank
5) Standard Chartered Answer:- 1) BNP Paribas
Ques. : 35 _____________ has topped the list of the world’s wealthiest private foundations established with total assets of USD 43.4 bn, according to a Wealth-X report.
1) Carlos Slim Foundation 2) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
3) Bloomberg Philanthropies 4) Li Ka Shing Foundation
5) Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Answer:- 2) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Ques. : 36 Kalyani group has tied up with Israel’s Rafael to produce a man-portable, anti-tank missile in India. Name the missile.
1) Javelin 2) Spike
3) Python 5 4) Sparrow
5) Matra R530 Answer:- 2) Spike
Ques. : 37 Which of the following international firms has announced to appoint David Taylor as its next CEO to succeed AG Lafley effective Nov 1?
1) Procter & Gamble 2) Nestle
3) Reckitt Benckiser 4) Unilever
5) None of these Answer:- 1) Procter & Gamble
Ques. : 38 Which of the following firms has acquired the title sponsorship rights for BCCI’s domestic and international cricket matches at home for a period of four years with a bid price of Rs 203.28 cr?
1) Snapdeal 2) Flipkart
3) Paytm 4) Shopclues
5) Amazon Answer:- 3) Paytm
Ques. : 39 As per the changes notified by the govt related to composite cap on overseas investment, in private sector banking, there will a sub-limit of 49 per cent on portfolio investment within the overall foreign investment limit of
1) 69 per cent 2) 74 per cent
3) 75 per cent 4) 76 per cent
5) 100 per cent Answer:- 2) 74 per cent
Ques. : 40 The central govt has nominated who among the following to be director on the central board of directors of Reserve Bank of India with immediate effect?
1) UK Sinha 2) Arvind Subramanian
3) Arvind Mayaram 4) Rajiv Mehrishi
5) Ajay Tyagi Answer:- 5) Ajay Tyagi
Ques. : 41 According to the UN’s 2015 Revised World Population Prospect report released recently, India will become the most populous nation by
1) 2019 2) 2020
3) 2021 4) 2022
5) 2025 Answer:- 4) 2022
Ques. : 42 As per the Financial Services Secretary Hasmukh Adhia, the govt has decided to infuse capital to the tune of _________ in public sector banks.
1) Rs 10,000 cr 2) Rs 15,000 cr
3) Rs 20,000 cr 4) Rs 25,000 cr
5) Rs 30,000 cr Answer:- 3) Rs 20,000 cr
Ques. : 43 Cyclone ________ hit parts of West Bengal and north Odisha recently.
1) Madi 2) Komen
3) Nilam 4) Helen
5) Lehar Answer:- 2) Komen
Ques. : 44 Who among the following is the newly-appointed coach of the Indian men's hockey team?
1) Paul van Ass 2) VR Raghunath
3) Michael Nobbs 4) Terry Walsh
5) Roelant Oltmans Answer:- 5) Roelant Oltmans
Ques. : 45 The proposed ____________ National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) is likely to be set up as a trust in which the govt will contribute 49 per cent at most.
1) Rs 20,000-cr 2) Rs 25,000-cr
3) Rs 50,000-cr 4) Rs 75,000-cr
5) Rs 1,00,000-cr Answer:- 1) Rs 20,000-cr
Ques. : 46 The world’s largest animal sacrifice ritual, the Gadhimai festival of which of the following countries is no more a bloody affair as the animal sacrifice at the festival has been banned?
1) Bangladesh 2) Bhutan
3) Nepal 4) India
5) Indonesia Answer:- 3) Nepal
Ques. : 47 Name the movie which has become the first Tamil movie to have its premiere in the competition section of the upcoming 72nd Venice International Film Festival.
1) Visaaranai 2) Drishyam
3) Bahubali: The Beginning 4) Thalaivaa
5) None of these Answer:- 1) Visaaranai
Ques. : 48 The EPFO will start investing in the stock market on Aug 6 with an initial corpus of around Rs 5,000 cr. The EPFO has been allowed to invest a minimum of 5 per cent and up to ________ of its funds in equity or equity-related schemes.
1) 10 per cent 2) 15 per cent
3) 20 per cent 4) 25 per cent
5) 30 per cent Answer:- 2) 15 per cent
Ques. : 49 Who among the following on 31 Jul was presented with the prestigious Arjuna Award?
1) Ravichandran Ashwin 2) Ajinkya Rahane
3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni 4) Suresh Raina
5) Ravindra Jadeja Answer:- 1) Ravichandran Ashwin
Ques. : 50 Hong Kong central bank has taken action against the Hong Kong Branch of which of the following public sector banks of India for violating the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing law?
1) Bank of Baroda 2) State Bank of India
3) Bank of India 4) Punjab National Bank
5) Canara Bank Answer:- 2) State Bank of India