1. She hadn’t eaten all day, and by the time she got home she was ______.
2. The movie offended many of the parents of its younger viewers by including unnecessary ______ in the dialogue.
3. His neighbors found his ______ manner bossy and irritating, and they stopped inviting him to backyard barbeques.
4. Steven is always ______ about showing up for work because he feels that tardiness is a sign of irresponsibility.
5. Candace would ______ her little sister into an argument by teasing her and calling her names
6. The dress Ariel wore ______ with small, glassy beads, creating a shimmering effect.
7. Being able to afford this luxury car will ______ getting a better paying job.
8. Levina unknowingly ______ the thief by holding open the elevator doors and ensuring his escape.
9. Shakespeare, a(n) ______ writer, entertained audiences by writing many tragic and comic plays.
10. I had the ______ experience of sitting next to an over-talkative passenger on my flight home from Brussels.
11. Prince Phillip had to choose: marry the woman he loved and ______ his right to the throne, or marry Lady Fiona and inherit the crown.
12. If you will not do your work of your own ______, I have no choice but to penalize you if it is not done on time.
13. After sitting in the sink for several days, the dirty, food-encrusted dishes became ______.
14. Giulia soon discovered the source of the ______ smell in the room: a week-old tuna sandwich that one of the children had hidden in the closet.
15. After making ______ remarks to the President, the reporter was not invited to return to the White House pressroom.