Blood Relation is very important topic in IBPS CWE Exam.This is one of the topic which is asked in every exam of IBPS so be prepared for any type of questions.I am sharing the important concept and trick to solve this section of the exam. Sometimes this happen that they don't ask blood relation directly but they will combined it with puzzle and make it more complicated as you will have to first solve blood relation then seating arrangement in the puzzle.My suggestion is go this type of puzzle before going into exam as you will be familiar with the question.
1. Relations of Paternal side:
Father's father → Grandfather
Father's mother → Grandmother
Father's brother → Uncle
Father's sister → Aunt
Children of uncle → Cousin
Wife of uncle → Aunt
Children of aunt → Cousin
Husband of aunt → Uncle
2. Relations of Maternal side:
Mother's father → Maternal grandfather
Mother's mother → Maternal grandmother
Mother's brother → Maternal uncle
Mother's sister → Aunt
Children of maternal uncle → Cousin
Wife of maternal uncle → Maternal aunt
Relations from one generation to next:
1. Pointing to a photograph of a boy Suresh said, "He is the son of the only son of my mother." How is Suresh related to that boy?
A. Brother B. Uncle
C. Cousin D. Father
2. If A + B means A is the mother of B; A - B means A is the brother of B; A % B means A is the father of B and A x B means A is the sister of B, which of the following shows that P is the maternal uncle of Q?
A. Q - N + M x P B. P + S x N - Q
C. P - M + N x Q D. Q - S % P
3. If A is the brother of B; B is the sister of C; and C is the father of D, how D is related to A?
A. Brother B. Sister
C. Nephew D. Cannot be determined
4. If A + B means A is the brother of B; A - B means A is the sister of B and A x B means A is the father of B. Which of the following means that C is the son of M?
A. M - N x C + F B. F - C + N x M
C. N + M - F x C D. M x N - C + F
5. Introducing a boy, a girl said, "He is the son of the daughter of the father of my uncle." How is the boy related to the girl?
A. Brother B. Nephew
C. Uncle D. Son-in-law
6. If A + B means A is the brother of B; A % B means A is the father of B and A x B means A is the sister of B. Which of the following means M is the uncle of P?
A. M % N x P B. N x P % M
C. M + S % R % P D. M + K % T x P
7. Pointing to Varman, Madhav said, "I am the only son of one of the sons of his father." How is Varman related to Madhav?
A. Nephew B. Uncle
C. Father or Uncle D. Father
8. Introducing a woman, Shashank said, "She is the mother of the only daughter of my son." How that woman is related to Shashank?
A. Daughter B. Sister-in-law
C. Wife D. Daughter-in-law
9. If A + B means B is the brother of A; A x B means B is the husband of A; A - B means A is the mother of B and A % B means A is the father of B, which of the following relations shows that Q is the grandmother of T?
A. Q - P + R % T B. P x Q % R - T
C. P x Q % R + T D. P + Q % R - T
10. Pointing to Gopi, Nalni says, "I am the daughter of the only son of his grandfather." How Nalni is related to Gopi?
A. Niece B. Daughter
C. Sister D. Cannot be determined
11. A's son B is married with C whose sister D is married to E the brother of B. How D is related to A?
A. Sister B. Daughter's-in-law
C. Sister-in-law D. Cousin
12. Pointing to a lady a person said, "The son of her only brother is the brother of my wife." How is the lady related to the person?
A. Maternal aunt B. Grandmother
C. Sister of father-in-law D. None of these
passage based questions :-
Directions to Solve: Each of these questions is based on the following information:
A + B means A is the mother of B.
A - B means A is the sister of B.
A * B means A is the father of B.
A β B means A is the brother of B.
1. Which of the following means Q is the grandfather of P?
A. P + N * M * Q B. Q * N * M + P
C. Q β M β N * P D. None of these
2. Which of the following means that N is the maternal uncle of M?
A. N β P - L + E - M B. N - Y + A β M
C. M - Y * P - N D. N β C + F * M
ALL THE BEST ! ALL THE BEST ! ALL THE BEST !